|Area of Practice:
||California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Washington, Oregon
||Association of Southern California Defense Counsel; California Bar Association; San Diego Defense Lawyers Association; San Diego Bar Association; Colorado Bar Association; Nevada Bar Association; Arizona Bar Association and American Board of Trial Advocates
||University of San Diego School of Law, 1976; Southern Oregon College, B.A. Economics, 1974
||Southern California, Northern California, Arizona, New Mexico, Washington, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon
||Building Industry Association; West Coast Casualty; California/Nevada Consumer Attorney Association; San Diego County Bar Association; San Diego County Superior Court; Community Associations Institute; Nevada State Bar; Lorman Group; and various insurance companies, including Chartis, Zurich, Arch and Travelers
Mr. Lorber founded the Firm in 1980. He holds an AV Peer Review Rating with Martindale-Hubbell.
His practice emphasizes the representation of developers and general contractors in construction defect claims. Over the last 31 years, he has defended several thousand claims asserted against various members of the construction industry, totaling well in excess of several billion dollars.
After studying economics at Southern Oregon College, Mr. Lorber earned a J.D. from the University of San Diego Law School in 1976. He is admitted to practice before:
- Courts of the States of California, Nevada, Colorado, Arizona, Washington, and Oregon
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Central Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada
- United States District Court for the State of Arizona
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Lorber has served as arbitrator, mediator, and Judge Pro Tem for the San Diego Municipal and Superior Courts. He is also a sought-after speaker in construction litigation for insurance companies, clients, and attorney associations.
Mr. Lorber is a member of:
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- California Bar Association
- San Diego Defense Lawyers Association
- San Diego Bar Association, the Colorado Bar Association
- Nevada Bar Association, the Arizona Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
Raised in southern Oregon, Mr. Lorber now lives in San Diego. He enjoys golfing and fly-fishing with his wife Joyia, and tuna fishing with his sons.