Courtney A. WinzelerPartner
Practice Area(s): Construction Litigation, General Litigation, Products Liability, and Personal Injury.
Admitted: State Bar of California 2007, State Bar of Arizona 2008
Memberships: 2021 Orange County Bar Association Construction Litigation Section Chair
Claims Litigation Management Member
Orange County Women’s Lawyer’s Association Member
Association of Southern California Defense Attorneys Member
Education: University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, 2003, B.S. in Criminal Justice Administration 2000-2003 Dean’s List for Academic Excellence; 2001-2003 Academic Distinction Eller College of Business and Public Administration
Western State College of Law, Fullerton, CA, 2007, J.D. Magna Cum Laude; 2005-2007 Moot Court Team Member; 2005-2007 Judiciary Committee Member; 2004-2007 Dean’s List Honoree
• Civility, Wherefore Art Thou? (West Coast Casualty’s Construction Defect Seminar, 2021)
• Champagne Wishes: Navigating the Pitfalls of High-End Home Litigation (Claims and Litigation Management Conference – Construction Defect Seminar, 2021)
• Civility, Civility, Wherefore Art Thou? Once More Unto The Breach (of Cooperation)! (Claims and Litigation Management Conference – Construction Defect Seminar, 2020)
• Additional Insureds: General Principles of Contractual Indemnification (CEU Institute, April 2020)
• Civility and Ethics in the Practice of Law (Western State College of Law, Business Law Ethics Section, 2019)
• Come at Me SubBro’ (West Coast Casualty’s Construction Defect Seminar, 2019)
• Battle of the Experts – Direct Examination of Paul Marsenison (MAGNA Conference, 2019)
• The Changing AI Picture in Light of New California Case Law: Pulte v. American Safety, Global Modular v. Kadena Pacific, McMillin v. Financial Pacific (2018)
• Ethical Challenges and Rules of Professional Responsibility (Western State College of Law, Business Law Ethics Section, 2018)
• Women in Construction Law: Lessons from Our Leaders ; Where We’ve Been, Where We Are, and Where We’re Going – Practical Lessons on Diversity and Inclusion (Orange County Bar Association, 2017)
• Inequity of Equitable Subrogation: Recent Rulings and Defense Strategies (2017)
• Crawford Rules, Defense Strategies and Techniques (2016)
• Young Professional Women & Law: A Unique and Personal Perspective (Arizona Business and Professional Woman’s Network, 2015)
Courtney Winzeler is a partner at Lorber, Greenfield & Polito and works out of the Southern California office. Ms. Winzeler has extensive litigation experience of over 14 years with an emphasis on construction, insurance defense, and general liability including bodily injury and premises liability. Her construction practice focuses on defending contractors, subcontractors, developers, and suppliers in multimillion-dollar disputes involving high profile, multifaceted construction projects. This includes litigation regarding high-end single-family residences, multi-family projects (condos/apartments), tract homes, commercial and mixed-use properties. Ms. Winzeler’s vast experience in insurance defense claims include bodily injury and premise liability. Ms. Winzeler believes in a tactical approach to litigation striving for early resolution of disputes. Ms. Winzeler is licensed in California and Arizona.
Ms. Winzeler received her B.S. in Criminal Justice Administration from the University of Arizona and her J.D Magna Cum Laude from Western State University, School of Law. Ms. Winzeler is involved with the Orange County Bar Association, CLM, Orange County Women’s Lawyer’s Association and the Association of Southern California Defense Attorneys. She is the Chair of the Orange County Bar Association’s Construction Law Section for 2021. She previously served as the Orange County Bar Association’s Construction Law Section Secretary and Treasurer (2019) and Chair-Elect (2020).
Ms. Winzeler grew up in Arizona and continues to staunchly support her Arizona Wildcats. She enjoys spending time with her family, trying out new restaurants, and golfing.