Joseph M. WinsbyPartner
Joseph M. Winsby is an AV Preeminent rated trial attorney and a partner in the firm’s Portland and Seattle offices. Mr. Winsby has extensive experience successfully representing clients in high-stakes and complex matters from the pre-suit investigation phase through jury trial and arbitration in diverse areas of the law that range from construction defect defense and medical malpractice to insurance coverage disputes. Mr. Winsby pays meticulous attention to detail without sacrificing the importance of being a common sense and big-picture lawyer.
Mr. Winsby is a Trial College Fellow of the American Board of Trial Advocates’ National Trial College at Harvard Law School. He graduated from the University of Miami School of Law, ranking cum laude among his classmates and receiving an honors distinction from the nationally acclaimed Litigation Skills program.
In 2021, Mr. Winsby and his wife and two young daughters made the decision to move to the Pacific Northwest to be closer to their extended family and explore the outdoors. Before joining LGP, Mr. Winsby was a partner at a mid-sized insurance defense firm in Coral Gables, Florida where he worked for thirteen years.
- Premises Liability Defense
- Construction Defect Defense
- Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Avoidance
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Nursing Home Defense
- State Bar of Florida, 2009
- State Bar of Oregon, 2021
- State Bar of Washington, 2021
- University of Miami School of Law, Miami, Florida - Juris Doctor, cum laude, May 2009
- University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont - Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, May 2006