Practice Area(s): Construction Litigation, Premises Liability and Personal Injury.
Admitted: State Bar of California, 2002.
Memberships: • Director, Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada
• Construction Sublaw Co-Chair, Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada
• Director, Claims Litigation and Management – SF Bay Area Chapter
• Scripps College, 1997 – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations
• Santa Clara University, 2002 – Doctorate of Jurisprudence.
• ADC Business & Insurance Construction Conference September 2018: “Prioritizing Diversity and Inclusion in the Construction Community: Shaping the Future of our Industry”
• ADC Construction Conference 2018: “Title 7: Functionality Standards Independent of Damage and Other Headaches”
• CLM Diversity in Construction Litigation 2018: “Diversity and Inclusion in the Construction Litigation Industry”
• 37th Annual Real Property Law Section Regreat: “Demolition in Progress: A Panel Discussion on Breaking Through Barriers to Advancement in Commercial Real Estate Law”
Wakako Uritani is a partner at Lorber, Greenfield & Polito and works out of the San Francisco office. Her work and trial experience is in civil litigation matters, primarily in casualty liability, general tort litigation (personal injury, products liability, property tort), and complex construction litigation. Her product and personal injury cases have involved catastrophic injuries and wrongful death. Her construction litigation cases involve the specialized representation of commercial and residential builders in construction defect claims. She also assists clients in navigating issues of risk management and contract formation/disputes in addition to securing positive litigation results. She is sensitive to her client’s reputation and ongoing business activities and puts her client’s needs first to resolve disputes that can significantly impact their well-being. Early evaluation and early resolution is foremost in her practice.
Ms. Uritani serves as Board of Director for the Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California/Nevada and to Claims Litigation Management (SF Bay Area Chapter). Her involvement with these preeminent organizations ensures that she is knowledgeable about legislative decisions that may impact her client’s cases.
Ms. Uritani earned her J.D. at Santa Clara University. She is admitted to practice in the State Courts of California and the Northern and Eastern Districts of California as well as the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Recent Posts by Wakako Uritani
- The Millennium Towers: What’s causing one of the most expensive residential skyscrapers in San Francisco to sink?
- The California Supreme Court Grants Petition for Review of Mcmillin Decision
- RIGHT TO REPAIR ACT PERMITS BUILDER TO OBTAIN FULL RELEASE
- Defense Judgment: Limitations to a Homeowners’ Association’s Liability