Bruce LorberFounding/Managing Partner
• Construction Law
• Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
• San Diego Defense Lawyers Association
• San Diego Bar Association
• Arizona Bar Association
• California Bar Association
• Colorado Bar Association
• Nevada Bar Association
• Oregon Bar Association
• Washington Bar Association
• American Board of Trial Advocates.
• University of San Diego School of Law, 1976
• Southern Oregon College, Bachelor of Arts in Economics, 1974.
• Building Industry Association; West Coast Casualty
• California/ Nevada Consumer Attorney Association
• San Diego County Bar Association
• San Diego County Superior Court
• Community Associations Institute
• Nevada State Bar
• Lorman Group
And various insurance companies including:
• Allied World
• National Claims Services
• Sompo International
• W.R. Berkley
• X.L. Catlan
Mr. Lorber founded Lorber, Greenfield & Polito, LLP, in 1980. He holds an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating with Martindale-Hubbell®. Mr. Lorber was recently awarded ‘San Diego Defense Lawyer of the Year’ for 2015 by The San Diego Defense Lawyers Association and the ‘Legends of an Era’ Award at the 2018 West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Seminar in California.
His practice emphasizes the representation of Developers and General Contractors in construction defect claims. Over the last 40 years, he has defended several thousand claims asserted against various members of the construction industry, totaling well in excess of $10,000,000,000.
After studying economics at Southern Oregon College, Mr. Lorber earned a Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University of San Diego Law School in 1976. He is admitted to practice before the following courts:
- Courts of the States of Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon and Washington;
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Central Districts of California;
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada;
- United States District Court for the State of Arizona;
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit; and
- United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Lorber has served as arbitrator, mediator, and Judge Pro Tem for the San Diego Municipal and Superior Courts. He is also a sought-after speaker in construction litigation for insurance companies, clients, and attorney associations.